This quick and easy side dish is found in River Road Recipes IV on page 274. While excellent as a side dish, this black bean salad is also quite tasty when eaten as a “dip” with tortilla chips!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes, plus 2 hours of refrigeration time (optional)
Level of Difficulty: Easy
- Measuring spoons
- Wooden spoon
- Mixing bowl
- Chopping knife and cutting board
- Can opener
- 1 (12-ounce) can Shoe Peg corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11-ounce) can tomatoes with green chiles, drained (such as Rotel)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Gather kitchen tools and ingredients. Using a chopping knife and a cutting board, chop the green onions. Open the cans of black beans and the shoe peg corn and drain and rinse. Open the can of tomatoes with green chiles and drain.
- Combine the corn, beans, tomatoes, green onions, vinegar, and olive oil in a salad bowl and mix well.
3. Serve at room temperature or chilled.