This yummy appetizer is found in River Road Recipes IV on page 131 and is very quick and easy to make.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes, plus at least 3 hours of refrigeration time
Level of Difficulty: Easy
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wooden spoon
- Mixing bowl
- Chopping knife and cutting board
- Nonstick frying pan
- Food processor (optional)
- Plastic cling wrap
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 slices bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup (about) chopped pecans
- Assorted party crackers
- Gather kitchen tools and ingredients. Set out the cream cheese to allow it to soften. Using a chopping knife and a cutting board, roughly chop one cup of pecans or use a food processor. Chop the green onions.
- Beat the cream cheese in a mixing bowl until creamy. Stir in the bacon, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
3. Shape the cream cheese mixture into a ball and coat with the pecans.
4. Chill, wrapped in plastic wrap, for about three hours.
5. Serve with assorted party crackers.