This refreshing drink is found in River Road Recipes II on page 23.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes, plus at least 2 hours refrigeration time
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Servings: 1/2 gallon
- Measuring cups
- Large pot
- Citrus squeezer
- Cutting knife and cutting board
- Stirring spoon
- 4 Community tea bags
- 1 quart (4 cups) boiling water
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 cup sugar
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1 quart (4 cups) cold water
- Fresh mint (optional)
- Gather kitchen tools and ingredients. Add water to pot and bring to a boil. Cut lemons in half.
- Once water is boiling, add the tea bags, cinnamon, and cloves and remove from the heat. Let steep for 3 to 8 minutes.
- Using the colander, strain the tea. Add the sugar and quart of cold water. Squeeze the lemons into the tea (make sure to remove any lemon seeds that may slip through the squeezer). Stir.
- Refrigerate until cool and serve over ice. Garnish with lemons or fresh mint!