While Mardi Gras is sadly over, all is not doom and gloom. St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner, and River Road Recipes knows the perfect way to help you celebrate!
Baton Rouge’s annual Wearin’ of the Green Parade is an event that rivals any Mardi Gras parade here in town. This year, the parade rolls on Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 10 am, rain or shine! You can find out more details and see the parade route here.
After enjoying a morning at the parade, let the festivities continue with traditional Irish fare: Shepherd’s Pie, Cabbage (Cabbage Salad, RRR IV, p. 275), Corned Beef, Reuben Sandwiches (check out our mini-Reubens in RRR II, p. 15), or anything with potatoes, of course (our Potatoes Supreme recipe in RRR III, p. 118 is a healthier take on a favorite comfort food)! Want more ideas? Check out these 50 Traditional Irish-Inspired Dinners from the Delish blog! Finish off your meal with an Irish Coffee from River Road Recipes II.
Irish Coffee, RRR II, p. 22
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1/4 ounces Irish whiskey
- Strong, hot Community Coffee®
- Whipped Cream
- Add to each pre-warmed glass sugar and Irish whiskey.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Fill glasses with strong, hot coffee, and top with whipped cream.
- Pro-tip: Use shamrock cutouts and cocoa powder to add the perfect, festive touch to the whipped cream!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day from all of us at River Road Recipes!