I know what you’re thinking: “A congealed salad? How 1960s.” But fear not! Just like those flared jeans you’ve been hiding in your closet since the early 2000s, the congealed salad is making a comeback. Even Southern Living agrees! So break out that jello mold and make sure your next dinner party is on the cutting edge with a course featuring this latest culinary food trend. And if anyone looks at you funny, tell them those boring kale salads are so last year.
Raspberry Salad, RRR I, p. 28
With it’s beautiful pale pink contrasted against the bright green of butter lettuce leaves and lime wedges, this Raspberry Salad from River Road Recipes I will make the perfect addition to your Easter table this year! The best part? It doubles as the salad and the dessert, so feel free to have two helpings, guilt free!
- 1 10-ounce package marshmallows
- 1 package frozen raspberries
- 1 small can evaporated milk (chilled and whipped)
- 2 3-ounce packages cream cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- Melt marshmallows in double boiler with raspberries.
- Let cool; add cream cheese blended with mayonnaise.
- Add whipped milk to raspberry mixture.
- Place in tray and freeze.
- Unmold on lettuce leaves and enjoy!
Recipe by Mrs. William Adams of Tallulah, Louisiana.