Lilly Pulitzer once famously said,“That’s what life is all about: Let’s have a party. Let’s have it tonight!” We here at River Road Recipes couldn’t agree more! We love any excuse to throw a party, and casual, last minute affairs with a few close friends always seem to be the most fun. Whether you are planning a big shindig for Cinco de Mayo or hosting an impromptu girl’s night with your two best girlfriends, this delicious dip from River Road Recipes I has the perfect amount of spice and is a breeze to toss together. Once you’ve made it, be sure to share the fun – take a picture and tag it #RiverRoadRecipes!
Chili Con Quotis, RRR I p. 223
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup salad oil (olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chili peppers
- 1 lb processed cheese (like Velveeta)
- 1 No. 2 Can (14.5 oz can) red tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Saute onions and garlic in oil.
- Add peppers and Worcestershire sauce.
- Melt cheese in top of double boiler; add to cheese the chopped tomatoes along with onion mixture.
- Add cornstarch, stirring until thick.
- Serve hot in chafing dish and corn chips for dipping!