It is party season! The Super Bowl is coming up and the Mardi Gras season is under way, but everyone is busy. Here is a recipe that is sure to please the hostess, as well as, the party goer who needs to bring a dish. Blue Cheese Truffles from River Road Recipes IV . It has only three ingredients.
This recipe can also be made in advance because it freezes well. Go ahead and use your stand mixer and double the batch. Then you will have some ready in the freezer for the next party. Just freeze the truffles in a plastic container separated in layers with wax paper. Take them out the day of the party and you are ready to go!
Blue Cheese Truffles are also gluten free and low carb. This combination will be sure to please any crowd.
Blue Cheese Truffles, RRR IV, p. 57. Photo by Meghan Poole.
- 3 cups pecan halves or pieces, finely chopped
- 8 ounces blue cheese, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Spread the pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast at 300° for 15 minutes or until light brown, stirring occasionally. Let stand until cool and finely chop.
- Combine the blue cheese and cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat until blended.
- Shape the cheese mixture into balls using a small melon baller and coat with the pecans.
- Arrange the balls on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Chill, covered, until serving time.
- Serve with sliced apples and/or grapes.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen truffles