With LSU football season coming up, I thought a tailgate post would be perfect! I have selected three items that would be great to bring to a tailgate! Geaux tigers!
Bill’s Fuzzy “Neighbors”
- 6 ounces of orange juice concentrate
- 7 ounces peach schnapps
- One blender of crushed ice
This made such a great drink! So tasty! I would double or triple this recipe for a larger party.
- One 15 oz can of Progresso seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 14 oz cans of artichoke hearts
- 2 cups olive oil
- Juice of 4 lemons (Realemon May be used)
- 2 cups of grated Romano cheese
- 4 pods of garlic, puréed
- Red pepper to taste
This makes a TON of dip- I had two full pans of dip! This would be great for a larger party!
Lastly, I selected On the Border Meatballs
- 1 1/2 pounds of round, well-trimmed and ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/3 cup of skim/low fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 egg whites of 1/4 cup of egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 12 ounces light Velveeta cheese
- One 4 ounce can green chilies, reserve liquid
- One 1 1/2 ounce package of taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup of water
- In a bowl, mix the ground meat, bread crumbs, onion, milk, garlic powder, parsley, pepper and egg. Shape into 1 inch meatballs and cook in a nonstick skillet in oil until browned. Set the meatballs aside to drain on paper towels. Spoon off the fat and wipe the skillet clean. In the same skillet over low heat, mix the cheese, green Chile’s with liquid, taco seasoning mix and one cup of water until cheese melts. Return the meatballs to the skillet. Cover and simmer until heated through. Serve hot with toothpicks. The sauce can be used as a dip when the meatballs are gone.
- Yield: 112 meatballs